Counter sales and inside sales for a local fastener business. In this role, the Counter Sales Representative will assist walk-in customers in the counter sales area and promptly offer price quotations and product availability. Field phone inquiries, implement inventory control, and other associated duties. Must be familiar with basic computer programs, be a fast learner, and have the ability to work in a small business atmosphere. Full-time, no evenings or weekends required. Rate of pay based on experience; health benefits and 401K option available after probationary period. Serious, qualified applicants please send a resume, with references.
· A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
· Knowledge of construction-type inventory.
· At least two years of experience in a customer service environment. Proven work experience as a Counter Sales, Sales Representative, or a similar role in the sales industry.
· Ability to maintain a positive attitude throughout the day.
· Proficient in using Microsoft Office Tools and general computer skills. (Word and Excel are mandatory),
· Good attention to detail, ability to communicate well with the public, and good math skills.
· Ability to prove or demonstrate mechanical analysis skills.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Fastener Distribution or industrial experience is a plus.
· Greeting customers as and when they enter the store.
· Upsell customers by suggesting complimentary items and tools. Increase line-item values by selling package quantities to meet minimum order revenue, and minimum line revenue per company policies.
· Respond to customer product return requests and complaints in a professional manner.
· Process orders for customers picking up will-call orders.
· Aid team members when needed to ensure the customer is serviced quickly and efficiently.
· Identify the types of fasteners as well as various attributes visually or with the help of tools such as calipers, templates, and catalogs.
· Check stock, enter orders, and process returns and transfers.
· Processing customer payments in the form of cash or card.
· Ensuring the space is clean and tidy all the time.
· Performing an inspection of the store and inventory room when needed.
· Inventory control and organization.
· Memorize the conversion of fractions to decimals as it applies to fasteners.
· Follow company procedures for Will Call and Counter Sales departmental procedures as documented.
· Maintain confidentiality of customer and company data, including credit card information.
· Updating customer information in the computer system for the future.
· Adhering to all the rules and regulations of the organization.
· Be available to assist in other areas as needed.